People having dry skin are envied by the people having oily skin. But what troubles dry skin faces in day to day life is, not so popularly discussed. Dry skin is caused mainly due to specific environmental conditions, weather change, if the body becomes dehydrated, any medical conditions, or if the moisturizer is not applied in a proper amount. However, the market has many best foundation for the dry skin that gives the skin a great coverage and hydration in huge amount.
Dry skin tends to be very flaky. Hence, the foundation should be chosen that can supply the moisture to the skin in abundance. It should also not get settled in the fine lines, cake up or get stuck to the patches which result in making the skin drier and dull. It seems that it takes a lot of trouble for making a smooth surface on a textured surface. Hence, we should choose foundations that are free from salicylic acid and are hydration-centered.
- Top 10 Best Foundation For Dry Skin
- 1 – Maybelline New York Matte Foundation (Classic Ivory Shade)
- 2 – Neutrogena Natural Liquid Makeup Foundation
- 3 – Monica Ann Beauty Primer Duo Foundation
- 4 – Clarins Hydrating Natural Foundation (Honey)
- 5 – L’oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation
- 6 – Maybelline New York Liquid Foundation (Ivory Beige)
- 7 – Estee Lauder Light Make Up Foundation
- 8 – Tom Ford Flawless Skin Foundation
- 9 – Clinique Light Reflecting Foundation
- 10 – Nars Skin Glowing Foundation
- Best Foundation For Dry Skin Buying Guide
- Benefits Of The Best Foundation For Dry Skin
- Few Questions And Answers To The Best Of Knowledge
Top 10 Best Foundation For Dry Skin
Cosmetic Dermatologist & skin specialists often visit us with their brilliant recommendation, tips, and tricks helping out your dry skin. Today we are here with their help presenting top 10 Best foundations for Dry Skin.
1 – Maybelline New York Matte Foundation (Classic Ivory Shade)
Maybelline New York Matte Foundation is a lightweight mousse foundation for your everyday skincare routine. The Maybelline foundation is an apt product to give you a satin finish without any feeling heavy on your skin. The non-allergenic nature of the foundation makes it highly suitable for all skin types, including dry and sensitive skin. When you apply the Maybelline foundation on your skin under makeup, it blemishes the unwanted scars and pores brilliantly.
The maximum coverage without any pore-clogging is the essential role played by this non-comedogenic Maybelline Newyork foundation. The Classic ivory shade of this product gives you a violet matte tinge effect on your face. For even-toned, smooth skin, you should go for this foundation for sensitive skin as an add-on for your make up.
- Matte finish
- Suitable for all skin types
- Treats well sensitive skin
- Blemishes scars and marks
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Evenly tones your skin
- Classic ivory shade
- Maybelline New York Matte Foundation can give you a smooth skin toning without any greasy or granular residue.
- This foundation blends well with the skin tone
- For a few users after applying the foundation, dry patches and crumbled texture have been experienced.
- The Maybelline Foundation might not work that well on combined skin as compared to oily skin.
2 – Neutrogena Natural Liquid Makeup Foundation
Neutrogena Natural Liquid Makeup Foundation is an excellent beauty product to give you flawless skin coverage. The lightweight of the nude Neutrogena foundation makes it easier to blend with the skin tone. Combination of Titanium Dioxide Sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF 20 can protect your skin from harmful sunlight effectively. Applying Neutrogena Natural Liquid Makeup Foundation regular under your make up can improve your skin tone and elasticity. The antioxidant composition of the product makes your skin look young and radiant finish instantly.
- Liquid Foundation
- Nude shade
- Blends well with skin tone
- Gives a flawless matte look
- Titanium Dioxide Sunscreen present
- SPF 20
- Improves skin elasticity
- Neutrogena foundation does not create any dry flakes on your skin after application
- The product gives you full coverage foundation as it does not wear off easily
- The very light product can help your makeup to survive longer on your skin.
- During winters, there is a possibility that after applying the foundation, you may notice a few flakes under your skin. There is a quick remedy for this. You can add a little bit of any thick cream with this foundation and then start dabbing on your face.
- In case you have sensitive skin, please refer to your dermatologist before applying this foundation. For a few sensitive skins, users have experienced rashes after using this product.
3 – Monica Ann Beauty Primer Duo Foundation
Monica Ann Beauty Primer Duo Foundation is designed for reducing the skin pores and preventing anti-aging from your skin. The binary action of the Monica Ann foundation primer smoothly fades all the fine lines, wrinkles, and gives a matte finish. Vitamin C present in the Monica Ann product helps to produce radiant young skin. Hyaluronic acid composition in the Monica Ann Beauty Primer Duo Foundation protects skin from wrinkles and makes your stouts up your skin.
Monica Ann Beauty Primer is a US-based product which is translucent and light. The weightless foundation can stay on your skin for a longer time. Monica Ann Beauty Foundation gives a maximum coverage on your skin by softening the redness, dark spots effectively under your make up. This cruelty-free beauty foundation is free of sulfates, parabens, and phthalates.
- Foundation and Primer action both
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps to prevent anti-aging
- Vitamin C blend
- Hyaluronic acid is present
- Translucent in nature
- Light foundation
- Maximum coverage from red spots and scars
- Deprived of Sulfates, parabens, and phthalates.
- The smooth Monica Ann beauty Primer can well hydrate your skin.
- It helps to give you an excellent makeup base
- The foundation blends well with your skin tone and reduces all the spots and aging lines nicely.
- It is an expensive product.
- For a few sensitive skins, this foundation can lead to acne and pimples. It is advised to consult a dermatologist before using this foundation on sensitive skin.
4 – Clarins Hydrating Natural Foundation (Honey)
Clarins Hydrating Natural Foundation is an advanced formula created by liquid botanic extracts and premium pigment essentials for your skin. Application of this foundation can fetch you flawless, matte, smooth skin instantly. Covering your pores maximum to 12 hours long without leaving any dry residue on your skin is the primary function of the Clarins Foundation.
Blend of Pink opal pigments with Light optimization complex in the foundation mixes brilliantly with your skin and hydrates your skin firmly. Broad spectrum SPF 15 composition in the Clarins hydrating foundations can protect your skin from harmful sunlight. The honey shaded Clarins foundation never clogs any skin pores and gives your skin a youthful look by evenly spreading on your skin.
- Plant-based product
- Contains Pink opal pigments
- Light optimization complex present
- Medium coverage
- Uniformly spreads on the skin
- Hydrates skin
- Matte finish
- SPF 15
- Helps to give you a maximum skin coverage
- Blend well with the skin
- For a few skin tones, the foundation couldn’t provide any skin coverage
- The foundation comes in a dropper equipped bottle, so using the dropper to understand the requirement of the product can be a challenge for a few users.
5 – L’oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation hydrates your skin effectively for 24 hours by giving medium coverage to your skin pores. The lightweight and creamy texture of the L’Oreal foundation make it last longer on your skin without any greasy effect or residue on the skin pores. You can get healthy and radiant skin by applying this product. The excellent SPF blended with the Pro glow Foundation prevents your skin from any external damage smoothly.
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation is ideal for dry and combined skin types. To get a proper skin tone correction, you can apply this foundation and set it with the flawless Pro-Spray.
- Medium coverage
- Hydrates skin till 24 hours
- Creamy texture
- SPPF present
- Suitable for dry and combined skin types
- The best part of this foundation is not resulting in crack limes or breakouts after application.
- Blends quite well with your skin tone
- Comfortable and light to wear
- Helps to give a brilliant skin coverage
- Not useful for damaged or acne prone skin types. Please consult a doctor before applying this product.
- In a few dry skin types, the product was able to give excellent skin coverage but has resulted in flakes and dryness. You can add a drop of light moisturizer or lotion with the foundation and then can apply on your skin to avoid such flakes.
6 – Maybelline New York Liquid Foundation (Ivory Beige)
Maybelline New York Liquid Foundation is developed to get smooth airbrushed skin. The lightweight, ivory beige colored Maybelline foundation is formed of Dream Satin Liquid foundation. Combination of hydrating serum with the Dream satin foundation can easily give you that desired poreless radiant look.
The hyaluronic acid content in the foundation hydrates your skin throughout the day without making you look messy. This Maybelline liquid based foundation is designed to suit every skin types, including sensitive skin types. The creamy foundation works brilliantly in bending the anti-aging lines on your face and results in a natural matte look.
- Creamy texture
- Ivory Beige
- Suitable for all skin types
- Contains hydrating serum
- Removes an anti-aging fine line
- Moistures your skin
- Hyaluronic acid present
- You can get maximum coverage of poreless effect until 16 hours by using the Maybelline New York Liquid Foundation
- A budget-friendly product
- The Maybelline Foundation can give you a natural smooth look by blending with your skin well
- Covers fine lines and wrinkles effectively.
- Maybelline New York Liquid Foundation (Ivory Beige) does a high coverage, but the ivory color is explicitly worn off shade. So, it might not be favorable for a few skin tones; it might fall off or look dull. Before purchasing the product kindly check the ivory shades correctly matching your skin tone.
7 – Estee Lauder Light Make Up Foundation
Estee Lauder Light Make up Foundation is a formulated foundation with SPF10. Being light in weight, the Estee Lauder foundation can give you a naturally vibrant look for 16 hours long. It has an excellent oil-free regulating control which provides you with a smudge-free makeup look without falling off. Estee Lauder Light Make up Foundation can give you good skin coverage by blemishing the skin pores and scars instantly. The skin-friendly Estee Lauder foundation is deprived of parabens, fragrance, and non-acnegenic properties. It is a dermatologist tested product suitable for all skin types.
- SPF 10 based
- Good coverage for 16 hours
- Blemishes wrinkles/fine lines
- Dermatologist tested
- Free of sulfates, parabens, fragrance, and non-acnegenic properties
- Oil controls
- Ideal for all skin types
- The SPF presence in the foundation can protect your skin from the harmful damage of UVA/UVB lights
- This product can blend well smoothly with the skin tone and gives good decent coverage from any spots or scars.
- The Estee Lauder Light Make up Foundation comes in small tube size, hence travel-friendly
- For choosing the correct shade with your skin tone can be a disadvantage
- The foundation can result in breakage if the skin is not hydrated or appropriately moisturized before.
- Few users have felt that the coverage of this product can be improved.
8 – Tom Ford Flawless Skin Foundation
Tom Ford Flawless Skin Foundation is designed to hydrate the skin and resulting in an even skin tone. To get flawless skin, you can opt for this product. The nutrients present in the Tom Ford Foundation helps in skin repair firmly.
The high antioxidant properties in the foundation prevent the skin from any harmful pollution or lights. You can get a brighter fresher skin tone quickly by using Tom Ford Flawless Skin Foundation under your make up. It can give medium coverage and result in natural skin smoothly.
- Hydrates the skin
- Flawless skin
- Evenly tones your skin
- Antioxidants present
- Medium coverage
- The Tom Ford Flawless Skin Foundation can blend well with your skin and enhance your skin complexion.
- This foundation can protect your skin from sunlight due to the presence of broadspectrum in it.
- Quiet expensive product as compared to other similar products
- Few users have experienced oily skin texture of their skin, after using this product
9 – Clinique Light Reflecting Foundation
Clinique Light Reflecting Foundation is a dermatologist formulated foundation designed for oily, combined and dry skin types. The lightweight solution can give you a bright, radiant look instantly. The perfect blend of vitamin C and E can produce a luminous effect on your skin. Clinique Light Reflecting Foundation can firmly tone your discolored skin by giving excellent coverage. It has a Broad spectrum of 15 compositions to protect your skin from harmful sun rays.
Clinique Light Reflecting Foundation is non-acnegenic, non-settling, and non-streaking in nature. After applying the Clinique foundation, you never have to worry about makeup wear off the issue as the foundation is humidity resistant. The lightweight foundation does not contain any sulfate, paraben, and fragrance.
- Dermatologist tested
- Ideal for oily, dry and combined skin type
- Vitamin C and E blend
- SPF 15
- Humidity resistant
- Free of sulfate, paraben, and fragrance
- An excellent product which can blend well with your skin tone
- Clinique foundation hydrates your skin and protects your skin from damage
- Blemishes the fine lines nicely
- Because of the luminous effect of this foundation, it can also work as a highlighter on your skin
- It is a reasonably expensive product.
- In case you feel there are any dry flakes on your T zone, there is a remedy. You can add any smooth lotion (1 drop) with this foundation and then apply on your skin.
10 – Nars Skin Glowing Foundation
Nars Skin Glowing Foundation is a solution for getting a natural bright make up look. The foundation moisturizes the skin effectively and gives you smooth skin. The lightweight Nars Skin Glowing Foundation prevents your skin from external damage. Vitamin c helps to remove the discoloration of the skin, whereas glycerin maintains the moisture level without leaving any dry flakes. The skin radiance has been improved due to the turmeric extracts present in the Nars Foundation.
- Moisturizes skin
- Results in smooth, soft skin
- Vitamin C present
- Turmeric extracts
- Results in crease-free glowing skin
- The foundation also helps to prevent skin from discoloration
- Few users after applying the Nars Foundation have found that the product gives decent coverage, but does not stay long.
Best Foundation For Dry Skin Buying Guide
Several companies are offering the foundations for enhancing the dry skin. But it is not at all necessary, that they all work for us because a product that is good at one thing would be lacking another critical element. We are sharing a few factors that you should consider while purchasing a foundation that will quench the dryness of your dry skin.
Generally, people possess dry, oily, sensitive, or combination skin. People having dry skin should opt for the liquid foundation as these foundations gives the best results. The onboard moisturizers that are present in the liquid foundation help in keeping the skin hydrated, thereby, giving you a luminous finish. We need to look for a foundation that helps to cover all the fine lines.
Loose Power foundations can also be used, only if you possess slightly dry skin. People having dehydrated skin should not make use of this powder foundation as it will soak up all the moisture.
Certain people have combination skin which is counted as a worst one derived from the two opposite poles, dry and oily. Such people need to have a foundation that is neither too emollient nor too oily. Strategy application by mixing and matching would prove beneficial.
The Shade That Matches The Skin
Of course, this is a crucial step and needs to be decided carefully. If this is not chosen correctly, then it is going to leave you with a mask like a complexion. The best way is to apply the shades that match your skin along the jawline and check them against each other. The one that vanishes is the perfect one that fits your skin tone.
If you are still unsure as to which shade exactly matches your skin tone, don’t worry! Just visit a cosmetic shop and take help from the makeup salesperson or any makeup artist who will help you know the perfect foundation shade.
If you carefully observe your face (it should be bare), you might feel that it is either golden or rosy. This is to determine the tone your skin owns. If you think that the skin has a golden touch, then it indicates that you own a warm undertone. Contrast to this, if you feel that it appears rosy, take that as a cool undertone. However, some people also think that they have the glimpse of both the shades, golden and rosy. If such is a case with you, then you might be having a Neutral tone.
Finishing is the kind of shine, radiance, and gleam you are looking forward to achieving. There are several types of finishing which are categorized as Dewy, Matte, Semi-matte, or Luminising. Well, as we possess the dry skin, we need to run behind the dewy finishing. Foundations that offer a dewy finish offer you with an almost moist appearance. This will help the skin to retain its essential oils and moisture, thereby giving you a flawless skin.
Various Color Correcting, CC creams are available which are considered all in one as they do the task of foundation, primer, SPF and helps to provide maximum hydration and fights wrinkles and fine lines.
Foundations have different types based on the consistencies it comes with. There are various types of foundations available, like Liquid, Powder, Creamy, Sticks, Mousse, Tinted Moisturiser, Mineral, and Cream-to-powder. However, not all these types suits our dry skin as dry skin resist to powder.
We should make use of Liquid foundation that moisturizes our skin. Opt for an oil-based formula or something that is enriched with Vitamin E. You can also go with the cream foundations that will hydrate the skin. Hence liquid and creamy foundations will hold our dry skin and avoid any flakes.
Foundation Base stands for the base on which the foundation formulation is made. It can be water based, oil based, or powder based. If we do not choose the base wisely, then this incorrect base settles into the fine lines, accentuate peach fuzz and latch on to the skin flakes. We need to make use of the oil-based formulation for our dry skin. Being made from oil, it provides the skin with the essential oils that the skin might be lacking. Also, it supplies the moisture to the skin that helps the skin to stay moist.
The skin on the face is very soft and sensitive as compared to the skin at other body parts. The skin is so gentle that it becomes hypersensitive to any harsh chemicals. Hence, go natural by purchasing the foundation that is free from Paraben to prevent the skin from any allergic reactions.
Sulfates are not appreciated in the foundation. There are reasons to prove this statement. When sulfate comes in contact with the skin, it leaves the skin dried and scorched. Moreover, if you own a sensitive skin or are allergic, it can cause skin irritation like reddening and pricking.
Avoid Matte Products
The matte products generally contain all the oil-absorbing ingredients like silicone and talc, which makes the skin even drier and worsens the dry patches. Hence, matte foundations are a strict no.
The most significant factor that should be included necessarily in the foundation is that it should be hydrating. This cannot be neglected in any circumstances.
Moisturising is essential for the dry skin, and nothing can be better if you get a combo product where the foundation acts as a moisturizer also. It feeds the skin with the required moistness and helps to keep the skin smooth.
Check whether the foundation protects against ultraviolet rays. This is an added benefit if your foundation has the SPF feature that cuts the need for a sun protection serum. Try to get the one that offers SPF 20 protection.
Make sure that the foundation you are considering for your dry skin is free from silicone. The reason for this is that foundations that have silicone as an ingredient cling to the dry patches, making the skin appear uneven as well as patchy.
Free From Salicylic Acid
Salicylic acid is responsible for sebum secretion as it gets penetrated within the skin up to the pores and absorbs all the oil. We are not at all in need of this ingredient for maintaining our dry skin. Dry skins need oils and thus try to check whether the foundation you want is free from this salicylic acid.
Coverage is the ultimate effect you want to have on the skin where the imperfections are covered up, providing you with a glowing complexion without making you look like you are wearing an opaque mask. It is categorized as light, medium, and full. Briefly looking, light coverage which is used if one has nearly perfect skin and it just helps to even out the skin tone. Medium coverage is used to attain the evening of the skin tone as well as covering any minor skin perfections. And full coverage is for achieving the complete bright look that covers all significant flaws along with treating the uneven skin.
No doubt we all are looking for foundations for mature aging skin that sticks all day without getting off even a bit. However, we are actually in need of a foundation that stays long lasting, but without the need to do any touch up throughout the day. Go for the one that provides this feature.
Benefits Of The Best Foundation For Dry Skin
There are various benefits of foundation depending on the skin type as the foundation for the oily skin would give benefits that will be helpful for the oily skin while the one for the dry skin will provide some that are beneficial for the dry skin. Below mentioned are some advantages of the foundation for dry skin:
Acts As A Protective Barrier
No matter whether we stay in an urban area or countryside, our skin is exposed to pollution terribly. Such regular exposure to the pollutants damages our skin very severely by causing irritation, inflammation, wrinkles, fine lines, breakouts. Hence, the application of the foundation protects the skin from any damage and also prevents premature aging.
Protects Against Sun Damage
Sunlight exposure in a limited quantity is good as well as essential for the body to gain the benefits of Vitamin D. However, when you overexpose yourself to the sunlight, it might be harmful. Tanning, skin irritation, redness, pigmentation are some of the adverse effects your body needs to face.
Nowadays, mostly all the foundations offer the SPF to tackle this issue, which helps to keep the skin healthy and protected.
Keeps The Skin Hydrated
Who doesn’t love a skin that is well hydrated as it makes the skin more plump and resilient? Hyaluronic acid helps in holding the water in the skin. When the body gets the feed of water in an adequate amount both internally and externally, the skin then stays healthy. Hence, we should always remember that only water intake is not sufficient to make the skin hydrated. The foundation that we apply should also have the ability to do this. Therefore, choose the hydrating foundation that guarantees this feature.
Retains The Elasticity And Collagen
As you possess dry skin, it is more prone to have less flexibility, which makes it very scaly, rough, and prickly at times. Collagen gives the skin its structure, and Elastin allows the skin stretching. Hence, the foundation helps to retain both the necessary things which help to make the skin taut and supple.
It Perfectly Hides Those Flaws
The primary use of foundation was to even out the skin tone and hide all the imperfections to the best possible extent. Any age spots, pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, patches, almost everything that obstructs the foundation quickly covers a flawless face. It imparts you that wonderful, bright, smooth, and stunning look. What else one woman wants more than this?
Few Questions And Answers To The Best Of Knowledge
Below mentioned are few generally asked questions by the users having dry skin:
What Makes The Skin Dry?
Many reasons are responsible for the skin to get dry. Medical conditions, like eczema, can cause skin dryness. Mostly the daily life things that we make use of like harsh soaps, cheap moisturizers, pollution, long hot showers, and cold weathers makes the skin dry.
Is The Foundation Is Suitable For Dry Skin?
The answer to this entirely depends on the type of foundation you use according to your skin. Like for dry skin, if we use a foundation formulated for it, then it can get covering up for imperfections, SPF protection and anti-aging properties which will benefit our skin’s health.
Can Powder Foundation Be Used On The Dry Skin?
Please avoid the powder foundation if you have flaky skin. The powder foundation will exaggerate the dry skin and makes the appearance dull. Hence, avoid using it. However, you can dust a little bit powder on the top of the liquid foundation application to set it.
Can One Use An Oily Foundation For Dry Skin?
Absolutely no! Foundations should always be used according to the skin type you possess. If you possess a dry skin and if you apply the foundation made for oily skin, then it will not give any benefit other than making the skin dry.
Do We Need To Use The Moisturizer Every Time With The Foundation?
You foundation type can answer this. If you have the super multipurpose foundation that provides the skin necessary hydration and moisturization, then there is no need to use a moisturizer. However, if you possess a dehydrated, flaky skin, then there is no harm in using a moisturizer which will nourish the skin.
It is challenging to get the foundation that perfectly complements our skin. However, it is not an impossible task. We need to check the foundation with our skin texture and shade. The Best foundation for dry skin should be a hit in hydration as well as able to cover all the patches entirely. We hope you got clarity about the dry skin foundation.