Oily Skin is nobody’s desired skin as the skin becomes so greasy at times that you look like a complete grease-ball by noon or should I say within frequent intervals. When the sebaceous glands situated under the skin’s surface overproduces the Sebum, which is an oily component made up of fats, it leads to oily skin, which results in acne and clogged pores. However, for women having greasy and acne-prone skin, they can rely on the best foundations for oily skin, made mainly to tackle the greasiness on the skin.
Whatever insecurities that you face daily be it be buttery T-Zone, intensified pores, bad ruddiness, adamant scars and blemishes formed as a result of cystic breakouts or greasy spots, all these are going to vanish with the touch of Foundation that helps in covering up all these. However, a correct, excellent, and practical foundation that suits your oily skin is a must, and a perfect foundation is not just based on the exact shade. Several other factors add to it which we will go through over here.
- Top 10 Best Foundations For Oily Skin
- 1 – L’Oreal Paris Infallible Foundation For Oily Skin
- 2 – Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation For Oily Skin
- 3 – Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation For Oily Skin
- 4 – Bare Minerals Matte Foundation For Oily Skin
- 5 – Maybelline Super Stay Foundation For Oily Skin
- 6 – COVERGIRL Clean Matte Foundation For Oily Skin
- 7 – Clinique Anti-Blemish Foundation For Oily Skin
- 8 – Baeblu Organic LUX Foundation For Oily Skin
- 9 – Mary Kay Timewise Foundation For Oily Skin
- 10 – NYX Professional Stay Matte Foundation For Oily Skin
- Best Foundations for Oily Skin Buying Guide
- Benefits Of Foundations For Oily Skin
- Few Questions and Answers To The Best Possible Knowledge
- Why The Skin Gets Oily?
- Is SPF An Essential Element?
- Is Removing Excess Oil From The Face Before The Foundation Application Compulsory?
- I Feel That My Skin Looks Greasy Even After The Application Of Foundation?
- Why My Skin Appears Flaked After The Foundation Is Applied?
- Why The Dark Spots And Patches Are Not Getting Covered Even After The Application Of Foundation?
- Is It Correct To Stop Applying Moisturizer On Oily Skin?
Top 10 Best Foundations For Oily Skin
Here’s a list of the Best Foundations among all the available in the market that nullifies the oily skin problem providing the best results. The list is prepared under the guidance of the leading and renowned dermatologists. After thorough research and survey, interaction with the customers who have used these products and the benefit they got after usage, these products were sorted.
1 – L’Oreal Paris Infallible Foundation For Oily Skin
L’Oreal Paris always has something interesting for their customers. The new Infallible liquid foundation from L’Oreal is claimed to provide a Demi-matte finish and stays fresh for a whole 24 hours and offers natural to maximum coverage. The texture of the foundation is very air-tight. This foundation is entirely touch-proof and resists the humidity, no matter how extreme it is.
The application of this foundation covers up all the imperfections gracefully without making the skin dry. Looking at the texture of the foundation, it can be best applied with the help of fingers, sponge, or a foundation brush. The best thing about this foundation is that it spreads very quickly over the skin and settles down very effortlessly. The coverage is very optimal without making any layering effect. Its application gives you a very smooth base on which you can apply the other makeup.
- It provides a Demi-matte finish
- Stays intact for 24 hours
- Provides natural to medium coverage
- Has an air-light texture
- Covers all the imperfections and flaws completely
- Leaves no layering or cakey effect
- Provides a clear and smooth skin.
- It lasts for a good 24 hours
- Believed to stay matte even in monsoon season
- Possess air-light texture
- Does not make the skin look cakey
- Provides perfect medium coverage.
- Waterproof and smudge proof
- Few customers felt that the lightest shade of the foundation does not work if one is cool toned
- You need to use it in large quantity if you need full coverage as a single application does not provide one.
2 – Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation For Oily Skin
This excellent rescue foundation for damaged skin is very lightweight and is claimed to stay fresh for a total of 15 hours and keeps you clean and flawless all day. It is believed to remain intact and natural even when you are exposed to heat, humidity. Estee Lauder claims that it is waterproof and does not get smudged or come off on the clothes. It can be used to cover up any scars, patches or blemishes and is not at all cakey and also requires no touch-ups.
Estee Lauder double wear foundation is formulated in a way that prevents the skin from looking like an oil slick throughout sweat. It is a go-to formula for the oily skin. The liquid dries the matte and feels like a second skin. It provides the full coverage, which makes it stand out from the rest of the foundations when anyone wants an entirely flawless base. However, this can be easily lightened up to achieve the medium coverage by manipulating it with a dot of moisturizer
- Claimed to stay for a complete 15 hours
- Stays intact throughout the heat, humidity, and sweat
- Waterproof and smudge proof
- Covers all the imperfections like scars, patches, and blemishes
- Provides medium to full coverage
- It promises to stay for a long 15 hours
- Waterproof and smudge proof
- Requires no touch-ups throughout the day
- Guarantees shine-free wear even in heat and humidity
- Does not become cakey
- Provides both medium and full coverage covering all the imperfections completely
- The foundation bottle is not perfect and needs to be taken care of as it gets leaked as per a few customers
- A bit pricey as per a few customers
3 – Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation For Oily Skin
Smashbox comes up with a formulation that provides cover up for up to 15 hours. It is filled with hydration in abundance that keeps the skin hydrated for 15 long hours. It is made to cover up any imperfection like uneven skin, pigmentation, blemishes. Light diffusing beads are used for achieving the flawless look. Helpful in keeping skin free from oil yet moisturized. Its application can resist exercise, sweat, and heat.
The best thing is that it gets blended very perfectly and effortlessly. It is capable of providing the medium to full coverage that comes in a very natural matte look. Moreover, it does not leave a cakey or a layering effect on the skin. The company provides the product in 20 shades; hence, there is something for everyone. This product has not been tested on any animal, and so it is cruelty-free.
- Provides a Medium to full coverage
- Imparts a natural matte finish
- The imperfections are hidden with the light diffusing spheres
- Guarantees to stay intact for 15 hours
- It is resistant to exercise and sweat
- Provides medium to full coverage
- Imparts a matte shine
- Extremely lightweight
- Blurs away all the flaws gracefully
- It stays fresh for a good 15 long hours
- Enabled to keep the skin hydrated
- Extremely lightweight and feels very comfortable
- No Cakey effect
- Few Customers have felt that the foundation consistency is not proper for a smooth application
- The smell is not appreciated by all
- Does not impart much glow to the skin
4 – Bare Minerals Matte Foundation For Oily Skin
Bare minerals have come up with an update to the old foundation. The original loose powder form bare minerals are mattified and formulated by adding some oil soaking up minerals that help in absorbing all the excess oils, and it has been proved clinically. The product is in powder form. The good thing is that it can be applied very smoothly as if you are utilizing a cream. The result you get is a silky-satin matte skin that comprises the clearness and smoothness like the liquid and is loose and breathable like the powder.
It helps in minimizing the pores. This foundation is a great solution to cover all the blemishes very naturally. It is effortless to customize it for achieving full or sheer coverage. Bare minerals have always been an all-time favorite option for all the ladies due to its powder form, which makes it best for controlling the oil. Moreover, it also acts as a non-chemical mineral sunscreen which protects the skin from sun damage.
- Suitable for medium and rosy undertone
- It is non-comedogenic. Hence no pores are blocked
- The mattified version which comprises oil-absorbing minerals
- The base is in powder form
- Imparts a silky matte look like the final look
- Provides light and full coverage
- Covers all the imperfections very naturally
- It lasts up to 8 hours
- Gives a natural shine finish
- Provides Sheer/light to full coverage
- Consists of SPF
- It does not clog any pores
- Fragrance-free and chemical-free
- Enhances skin health
- No dryness is accentuated
- Promotes a clean and healthy skin and this is proved clinically
- Its packing needs to be taken care of as it is not travel-friendly
5 – Maybelline Super Stay Foundation For Oily Skin
Maybelline offers this super stay foundation for the oily skin that is claimed to last up to 16 hours. It feels very comfortable and light post application and provides a very matte finish. Maybelline super stay foundation comes in powder form, and it can offer the full coverage and look that is attained as a result of liquid foundation but very effortlessly through the light finish of a powder foundation.
It is loaded with oil absorbing pigments and available in various 12 shades like classic ivory, fair porcelain, golden caramel and java that feed everyone’s oily skin. This foundation comes in a creamy texture that gets blended very effortlessly and glides very smoothly on the skin, giving that matte finish.
- It is Oil-free and does not clog pores
- Provides full coverage with an absolute finish
- Helpful in hiding all the imperfections
- Blends easily and gets applied smoothly
- Does not oxidize
- Long lasting
- Easy to apply
- Blends very well
- Pigmentation is effectively covered
- Provides the natural matte finish
- It is most beneficial for people with oily skin
- Provides full coverage
- Does not oxidize
- Few customers have stated that it does not stay for a whole 16 hours
- It does not smell so good.
6 – COVERGIRL Clean Matte Foundation For Oily Skin
COVERGIRL has various things to offer that are impactful. Among the different things related to skin, this clean matte foundation is a good foundation for those with oily skin. This is formulated using the ultralight oil-absorber that helps in taking off all the excess oil. In addition to this, it also acts as a mild moisturizer, which will help in preventing the skin from getting dry. This has been tested clinically. The best thing is that it possesses no smell, which makes it use very easy.
The skin does not feel heavy after the application of foundation as it is exceptionally lightweight. Its usage imparts a shine-free face that is clean and smooth, and also it does not clog any pores. It is made non-acnegenic which prevents any breakouts. Anyone with oily skin as well as the sensitive skin can use this for effective results.
- Dermatologically tested
- It is an oil-absorbing formulation
- Moisturizes the skin which prevents it from getting dry
- Does not clog the pores
- Light Weight
- Contains ultra-light oil absorbers which soak up all the excess oil
- Prevents the skin from getting dry
- Provides good coverage
- It is free from any fragrance
- Extremely lightweight which makes you feel comfortable
- Few customers have thought that the foundation consistency is very thick and doesn’t come out quickly.
7 – Clinique Anti-Blemish Foundation For Oily Skin
The Anti-blemish foundation from Clinique is a high-end product but is worth it. It stunningly vanishes all the imperfections faced by an oil skin in a very impactful way. The finish color that it provides can be used on several skin tones. A very minimal amount of the foundation can be used all over the face doing wonders by imparting a natural radiant glow. With its core task of soaking up all the excess oil from the skin, it also takes care of the skin that it does not become dry or flaky.
It does not make a face look cakey. Moreover, it can also be used by the people having healthy skin, and it enhances their glow. This lightweight formula is very active in concealing all the blemishes and also prevents them from returning. Foundation is formulated in a way to provide the cooling sensation. It comprises of all the skin-soothing ingredients that help in calming inflammation or any skin irritation.
- It is versatile and can be used on various skin tones
- Only a small amount can spread all over
- Absorbs all the excess oil and prevents flakiness
- Does not make a face cakey
- Helpful in calming flare-ups if there are any.
- Provides a natural shine
- Does not get cakey after a long duration
- A little amount of foundation is more than enough for the application
- It soaks up all the excess oil from the face
- The finish color can go very well with several skin tones
- This can be used on various skin types
- Prevents the skin from becoming flaky
- The foundation is costly
- Cannot cure the acne
8 – Baeblu Organic LUX Foundation For Oily Skin
Baeblu is a blessing for those who prefer natural organic products. This LUX Liquid foundation from Baeblu is a certified organic. It is comprised of all the natural ingredients and does not make use of any artificial colors. Also, it is free from any preservatives or fragrance. The list of its benefits is never-ending. It does not encompass any harsh chemicals like Paraben which damage the skin. The formula comprises of Aloe which is immensely useful for the skin.
The pores are not clogged on its application. It is effortless and smooth to apply that glides through the face evenly that gives you a non-greasy coverage. This formulation has a botanical anti-aging solution that blots the excess oils and also manages and balances the oily skin. The natural nourishing ingredients within it smooth out the fine lines and lend you a youthful, healthy, and flawless skin.
- It has aloe as the main ingredient
- Being organic, it does not clog any pores
- Vegan, gluten-free and organic
- A Liquid base foundation
- Hydrates the skin
- Can be used by any skin
- Fragrance-free and preservatives free
- Comprised of the natural ingredients
- It has a formulation for anti-aging
- Gives a very healthy and flawless glow.
- It is certified organic
- Gluten free as well as vegan
- As it is non-greasy texture, you never feel the stickiness
- It is water based which makes it best for the oily skin
- The formulation is perfect and beneficial for the skin
- Does not clog any pores
- Can be applied very easily either with fingers or sponge
- Comes in a wide range of shades that match many skin tones
- Does not provide a lot of coverage
- Many times, you need a lot of layering of the foundation to cover dark scars as it is lightweight
9 – Mary Kay Timewise Foundation For Oily Skin
This can be counted as a great product from Mary Kay. It comprises of powerful peptides like Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 which helps to maintain the youthfulness of the skin. Also, it holds Vitamin E, which conditions the skin. The formulation is made by blending these peptides and the vitamins; it gives a long-lasting matte finish, which is hugely beneficial for those with oily and combination skin.
The skin is entirely shine-free without having a heavy makeup feel. It hides all the fine lines, wrinkles, and a few other skin imperfections very effectively. This potent anti-aging formulation helps your skin appear stronger, younger, and healthier. Moreover, it can be used daily as it acts as a foundation as well as a provider of various skin benefits.
- Comprised of vitamin E and peptides
- The formulation is made to prevent premature aging.
- It goes well with the combination and oily skin
- Hides all the imperfections very well
- The color does not change easily
- Provides a matte finish look that lasts longer
- Humidity-resistant and transfer-resistant
- The best formula to fight age
- Any pores, fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes are covered up well
- A natural shine matte finish throughout the day
- Provides a full coverage
- It looks cakey if not moisturized properly
- Sometimes multiple layers are required to be applied as it is very light
- Some customers found its consistency very runny
10 – NYX Professional Stay Matte Foundation For Oily Skin
It is claimed by the people who make use of this product that it provides the same output that is provided by many high-end foundations. The foundation has a consistency that is neither too runny nor too thick, that means it has an effortless usable texture. It is an oil-free water-based formula that is enriched with the minerals to provide full coverage.
As it is based on water, there is no mixing up of oils from the foundation with the skin’s natural oil, which prevents the breakouts. It disguises uneven skin tone and all imperfections like scars, pimples, blemishes. It is not heavy on the face and feels very comfortable post application. The packaging is very friendly and easy to carry anywhere without getting leaked, which makes it travel-friendly.
- It is very trouble-free for the pockets
- The packaging is travel-friendly
- Water based and oil free
- Comprises of mineral that soaks oil
- The consistency is exactly as what is required
- Available in 10 shades
- It comes in a variety of shades
- Provides medium to full coverage
- Best for those who want a dewy finish
- Feels heavy and oily post application
- Does not provide a completely matte look
- Lasts just 5 to 6 hours
- Doesn’t blend efficiently
- Ideal for people with dry skin rather than oily skin
This ends the list of the best foundations for oily skin. One thing should be remembered that different people have different skin type, texture, and thus require a foundation with different shades and functionalities. Hence, the product that is best for one might be worst for others. We hope you get clarity on the product you would like to opt.
Best Foundations for Oily Skin Buying Guide
The market is flooded with foundations from various companies, each having distinct qualities and functionalities. However, we must choose the one that gives the perfect output for our oily skin. Hence, do not forget to consider the below-mentioned factors if you want to pick the perfect foundation:
This is counted as the most critical step towards an ideal foundation. There are various skin types like Oily, Dry, Sensitive, and Combination. Now, as we hold oily texture, make out the difference and get clarity whether we might possess either completely oily skin or a Combination Skin, where it is dry at some parts and oily at others.
If you possess oily skin, make sure to buy either a powder foundation, an Oil-free liquid or Mineral foundation. These foundations comprise of powders that act as a solution to absorb all the excess oil leaving your skin with a smooth and matte finish. Mineral Foundations are helpful in a way that its dry particles tend to soak up the moisture, thereby, preventing shine.
If you stuck somewhere at the worst of both the worlds, that is if you possess a combination skin, avoid foundations that are emollient in nature or excellent in oil.
Matching The Shade With The Skin
This step should be carefully accomplished as if you don’t choose the proper shade of foundation; it might leave you with a mask like a complexion. The ideal way is applying the matching shades along the jawlines and checking all the shades against each other. The foundation which seems to disappear post application is the correct and perfect shade you can go with.
Look at your bare skin carefully. How does it appear? Does it appear golden or rosy? Or both? This factor needs you to identify your right undertone. If the skin has a golden touch, most probably you acquire a warm undertone whereas if it is leaned more towards the rosy, you gain a cool undertone. If you notice the combination of both golden and rosy, then you belong to neutral undertone. Check for the foundation with the label ‘warm toned’ or ‘cool toned’ and select based on your requirement.
The finish can be described as the type of shine you are looking forward to achieving that stunning look. It can be classified as Dewy, matte, semi-matte, or illuminizing finish. Don’t go with all these alluring words as we want to focus on the one that reduces the over-shine that we possess as a result of oily skin. We should try to look for a foundation that imparts a ‘matte finish,’ as it prevents the greasiness by absorbing all the oil, thereby, giving a flawless skin with a pore-less finish. Even people with combination skin should stick to the matte category.
Giorgio Armani, Estee Lauder and hourglass immaculate are some of the break-through liquid to powder foundation for the acne-prone skin. This help covers all the flaws and is long-wearing.
Foundation Type Based On Consistency
These are various forms in which foundation is available based on the multiple regularities like Liquid, Cream, Sticks, Mousse, Powder, and Tinted. To choose the one from all these options that feed our oily skin is a crucial task. People possessing greasy skin should always opt for Oil-free liquid foundation or Powder based ones.
Liquid foundations that are fluid in consistency, are developed based on the gels and the water are best suited for oily skin as they tend to absorb all the excess oil from the skin, thereby, providing a smooth matte look.
Powder foundation come in a smooth powered form that is another best-suited version for oily skin. They absorb all the excess oil of the skin without adding extra sheen to the face.
Foundation base is usually the base of the formulation, which is water, oil, or powder. As we possess oily skin, always opt for the ones that are formulated based on water as these base do not make use of oil as a base and are formulated using water that is perfect for us. Hence, look for the base type into the foundation you are choosing to purchase.
Coverage is the ability of the foundation to hide any skin flaws and skin’s uneven color in a way that the skin looks beautiful. This can be categorized into three parts, namely Light, Medium, and Heavy.
If you possess a perfect skin that has no significant imperfections, then Sheer or Light can be the ideal foundation for you. The foundation providing light coverage is used with a motive to even out the uneven skin tone and works as a makeup base up to some extent.
The medium coverage foundations can be used to hide any minor skin imperfections and to even out the uneven skin tone.
The massive coverage foundations are the ones that provide cover up for the full face. It hides out all the flaws and imperfections of the skin. Also, it completely even out the skin tone.
Hence, based on the type of cover-up you want to provide your skin with, choose the foundations with label ‘Light Coverage,’ ‘Medium Coverage’ or ‘Heavy Coverage’ or ‘Sheer Coverage.’
Don’t take it wrong. Hydrating is not something that goes with only dry skin. Your skin, being oily, might have enough amount of oil, but there may be an absence of water in the skin. And when it senses that skin is not hydrating, it will tend to produce more oil. Hence, choose the foundation that restores the hydration in the skin.
Demi-matte offers a very hydrating foundation which is comprised of green tea extract and Vitamins A and E.
The foundation that we apply should stay for a whole day or a considerable duration. Hence, check with the reviews from other customers whether the foundation is long wearing or not.
The foundation should be able to protect against any sun damage. But it should effect in a manner that sun spectrum protection is achieved without leaving the skin greasy.
Paraben-Free and Sulphate Free
The skin on the face is very gentle. It is sensitive to any harsh chemicals. Consider the foundation that is free from Paraben to save our skin from any allergic reactions. Hence try something more on a natural side.
Having sulfate in the foundation is also not a good idea as they leave the skin feeling little parched. Also, if you possess sensitive skin or are allergic, then application of sulfates on the skin can cause irritations like redness and itching.
As the skin is naturally shiner than a glazed donut, it becomes a real struggle to find a foundation that helps in curbing the excess oil generated on the skin. Also, it becomes imperative that the foundation stays intact all day. The idea here is to stick to a foundation that is Oil-free and matte. Hence look for the foundation that says ‘For Oily Skin,’ ‘For breakout prone,’ ‘Matte,’ ‘Shine-free,’ ‘Velvet touch.’
If you have excessively oily skin, then you can make use of the blotting papers to wipe out that excess oil. It helps to set the foundation better and for a long duration. For this, apply the foundation and then pat the face with the blotting paper which will soak up all the excess oil and helps it to stay longer.
Salicylic acid is also considered as a lipophilic. This means that it gets penetrated within the oily skin and move deep within the clogged pores, thereby cleaning and purifying the skin in depth, which results in the reduction of acne breakouts. Hence, always choose the foundation that has salicylic acid as an ingredient which regulates the sebum secretion.
Hyaluronic acid has the ability that helps the skin to retain the essential moisture by taking away all the excess oil from the skin. It does this without clogging any overactive pores. Hence, it is recommended to choose foundations that have Hyaluronic acid as an ingredient.
Benefits Of Foundations For Oily Skin
There are several benefits that foundation gives anyone which are a blessing to the skin. Let us go through the advantages it offers:
Anti-Aging And Protective Barrier
If you are living in an urban area, you are prone to get exposed to a massive number of pollutants. However, those staying in the countryside are not saved much as the prevailing winds can carry pollution anywhere. This pollution impacts the skin causing damage like irritation, inflammation, fine lines, and wrinkles. Hence, foundation application acts as a barrier that shields the skin from pollutants, preventing the skin from premature aging.
Sun Damage Protection
Intake of sunlight in a limited quantity is beneficial to the skin as it provides Vitamin D to the body. However, the body’s overexposure to the Ultraviolet rays results in premature aging, hyperpigmentation, tanning, and sagging skin which damages the skin and makes you look old. Fortunately, Foundations now come with the sunscreen that acts as a sunblock, protects the skin from these damages.
Foundation Complements The Skin
As there is various foundation available in the market designed especially for the oily and acne prone skin, one with the oily skin can prevent the skin from getting greasy with its application. Such oil soaking up foundations will act as a sponge and absorb the oil that appears throughout the day.
Hiding Flaws And Pigmentations
Foundations are developed with the motive to hide any imperfection that the skin possesses and to even out the uneven skin colors. Though it cannot treat the skin flaws internally, but can be the savior to hide these. It helps to hide blemishes, scars, pigmentations, dark patches, thereby, providing your skin a clear and flawless look.
Acts As A Base
Foundation is considered as a base of any makeup application. It leaves the skin very smooth, even and polished post application. Now such skin is an excellent base to carry the makeup ahead. Any other products will be applied quickly and efficiently, and their output would be enhanced.
If we choose the best foundation that suits our oily skin, it will provide excellent coverage as they are lightweight and more pigmented
Foundations Are Rosacea Friendly
Foundations help conceal the rosacea effectively. It corrects the redness on the skin surface to conceal the side effects.
Leaves A Smooth Skin
This can be considered as the greatest benefit one derives from the use of foundation. Foundation is so exceptionally developed that it effectively fill in any irregularities that your skin has. Its application will give smooth skin, making you look youthful and alluring.
Few Questions and Answers To The Best Possible Knowledge
Below mentioned are some of the questions generally asked by women having oily skin.
Why The Skin Gets Oily?
Our skin has a sebaceous gland under its surface. This gland produces sebum (oily substance) in a large quantity, which makes the skin oily.
Is SPF An Essential Element?
SPF is essential to protect your skin from sun damage. Either you can blend your Sun protection cream and foundation and then apply, or you can get a foundation that comprises SPF. This foundation will protect the skin from harmful radiations and pollution.
Is Removing Excess Oil From The Face Before The Foundation Application Compulsory?
Yes, it is very much essential to remove the excess oil as if not removed; it will ruin the overall makeup appearance. This excess oil settles down within the fine lines which does not allow the foundation to penetrate.
I Feel That My Skin Looks Greasy Even After The Application Of Foundation?
It might be happening due to incorrect selection of the foundation. Update your foundation with an oil-absorbing one. However, if you feel that this is not one reason, then you might be having extra oily skin which can you need to clean with touch-ups.
You can also try applying the Amazonian clay mask that will help in hydrating the skin and will take away any surface oil on the skin resulting in a mattifying skin that will be smooth and flawless.
Why My Skin Appears Flaked After The Foundation Is Applied?
Flaky skin is typically a result of dehydration. If you possess a flaky skin, consider using a light moisturizer. This light moisturizer should be applied before the foundation that will prevent the skin from getting flaky.
Why The Dark Spots And Patches Are Not Getting Covered Even After The Application Of Foundation?
The foundations that we get today are perfect, but they are also light and thin. In such cases, either you can start applying more amount of foundation which will cover all the marks. However, you also have another trick that will help. Make use of concealer or primer to cover those stubborn spots. Both are going to hide it.
Is It Correct To Stop Applying Moisturizer On Oily Skin?
Moisturiser cannot be stopped anytime. Even if the application of moisturizer appears counterintuitive, we should not stop it. Just make use of the moisturizer that is light and made for oily skin.
Though getting the best foundations for oily skin that satisfies the needs of oily skin is a tricky task, it is not impossible. The foundation can be considered as a makeup product that completely suits our skin texture and tone. The complexity that we face while choosing the right foundation many times drags us towards spending a considerable amount of money on products that probably end up on the dressing table rather than the face. An oily skin foundation should be such that it absorbs excess oil and also stops it from oozing out. We hope we gave you clarity about the oily skin foundations.