Combination skin is one of the complicated skins to understand than the rest of the other types. Eventually, the skin is dry, but there is an oil zone around the Tzone. While makeup on combined skin, it is often noticed the visibility of pores, and fine lines become very much visible. A smooth primer can solve the base makeup and also reduces the pores effectively. The oil-free, non-comedogenic primers are best for combined skin. There are many silicon-based makeup bases as well, which can soothe skin pores and provide a matte effect on these skin types. There are numerous products available today, but you need to select the best primer for combination skin.
- Top 10 Best Primer For Combination Skin
- The best primer for combination skin buying guide
- Types Of Primers
- Benefits Of Best Primer For Combination Skin
- Frequently Asked Questions For Best Primer For Combination Skin
Top 10 Best Primer For Combination Skin
Dermatologists, professional make-up artists, and beauty experts have often helped us in understanding the requirements of our skin. With their amazing consultations, we have selected the top 10 best primers for combination skin, which will help you to choose the best for your skin.
1 – Hourglass Veil Cosmetics SPF 15 Mineral Primer
The oil-free lightweight skincare solution for a perfect makeup base. It has a thin consistency which can quickly get soaked up in your skin pores without forming any cakey residue. You can get a silky matte finish on your skin by applying little drops of it without feeling sticky. The smooth blending can nicely treat the skin discoloration of the primer.
A broad spectrum of SPF 15 is induced in it to give your skin extreme protection from sun damage. To get beautiful, flawless skin, you can opt for this skin formula. It is a safe product deprived of fragrances and parabens.
- Absorbs easily
- No greasy residue
- SPF 15 found
- Paraben and fragrances free
- Skin discoloration solution
- Suitable for all skin type
- It can stay for a more extended period on your skin
- Helps to get a flawless, radiant skin
- No breakouts can occur after using it
- Easily blends
- It is expensive as compared to other similar items
- Few users have opined; this beauty base may not work effectively for mature skin, which has many imperfections.
2 – L’Oreal Paris Base Smooth Face Perfecting Primer
The manufacturers have developed this makeup base with a pore minimizing effect. It can quickly get soaked in your skin and generate a smooth skin without any anti-aging lines or wrinkles. You can use it on your bare face as a base make up, especially under your eyes to reduce the dark circles. Spot rectification can also be done well. Apply it smoothly on your Tzone to get a subtle matte finish on your skin. It is ideal for all skin types.
Dermatologists have tested this non-comedogenic makeup base as a safe product. However, it is recommended for prevention do not use on the damaged skin. Usually, it can be easily removed by pure water. To get a long-lasting airbrushed make up effect, you can opt for this base primer.
- Excellent base
- Absorbs easily
- Blurs fine lines and wrinkles
- Matte skin finish
- Stays for long hours
- Extremely beneficial in camouflaging the anti-aging lines or spots on your skin
- It can be very smoothly blended with the skin tone
- You can also use this as a highlighter on your cheeks nose and collar bones as it produces a dazzling effect.
- Few users have experienced makeup fading sue to this product
- The drying issue persists. However, it can be rectified if you can mix a bit of any natural lotion or moisturizer with it.
3 – Bioderma Mat Sebum Shine Control Moisturizer
To control the excess oil or shine on your face, this moisturizing base is perfect for you. Especially in the cases of oily or combined skin types, we observed excess sebum production which causes acne or pimples. This sebum control solution can help your skin to overcome such issues and get a matte finish. Essential ingredients like zinc and vitamin B6 are blended brilliantly to enhance the moisture of the skin. Thus skin-refining also happens smoothly.
Any skin texture improvement can be possible by using this non-comedogenic base product. It contains no parabens and is hypoallergenic. Other ingredients like Salicylic Acid, Castor Oil, and Glycolic Acid are also found in this solution.
- No extra shine
- Matte finish
- Moisturizes skin pores
- Zinc and vitamins mixed
- Salicylic Acid, Castor Oil and Glycolic Acid present
- This makeup base can improve skin tightening
- Easy to blend and stays for long hours
- The skin pores do not get clogged after application of this product
- The smell of this makeup base is not that attractive
- It is a bit costly for your pocket.
4 – Rimmel Matte Stay Primer Base
It is a completely matte finish make up base that can pause the extra shine or oily feel on your skin. The primary function of this is to minimize the large pores. You can either wear it alone or maybe under your make up so that you can get a radiant young flawless look. It is lightweight, so it does not allow any greasy residue formation on your face. Once you blend this beauty base smoothly, the imperfections like spots, lines or dark circles, etc. can be concealed significantly. It stays for a long time almost till 8 -9 hours without forming any crease lines on your makeup.
For dry skin, it can be a Holy Grail product as the moisturizing capability of this liquid formula is superb. To get better results of your skin, include this in your daily skincare regime. Always use a small amount of it and blend well on your skin with a blender or you can use your fingertips as well.
- Shine Gloss control
- Matte finish
- Moisturizes well
- Conceals the dark spots, fine lines, etc
- Lasts longer for 8-9 hours
- Minimizes pores
- Suitable for all skin types
- No residue form
- If you have combined or oily skin, this matte finish base can control extra sebum secretion of your skin. As a result, you can get an oil-free skin.
- The lightweight of the product can stay for an extended period with maximum skin coverage
- Few oily skin type users have noticed pore visibility at an increased level after using it.
- Cystic acne was noticed for some individuals because of this base application.
5 – Make Up Forever Skin Matte Step 1 Primer
The beauty experts have designed the all in one solution for skin smoothening effect. It is long-lasting makeup wear which can improve your skin texture brilliantly. The lightweight yet creamy nature of the primer can intensely moisturize your skin pores as well as does not create any greasy residue. If you have any skin discoloration, using a small amount of it can blend well and conceal all your skin imperfections.
It is extremely suitable for all skin types to generate an elegant matte finish by controlling the extra shine of your skin. Any dry patches or fine lines etc. can be concealed well by applying this silicone-based makeup wear.
- Skin smoothening makeup base
- Easy to blend
- Conceals skin imperfections nicely
- No cakey residue formation
- Skin discoloration can be treated well
- Suitable for all skin types
- It comes in a small tube which makes it suitable to carry for traveling
- The product is lightweight which can be easily absorbed by the skin pores without any cakey formation on the skin. Hence the matte effect can stay without any shine or extra gloss for 8-9 hours in a day.
- No acne or breakouts form after using this makeup primer.
- For acne-prone skin, it might be a bit challenging to use this product as it has a silicon content
- It is expensive as compared to other similar items
- The consistency is a bit on the thicker side, so blending with fingertips can be hard at times. However, beauty blenders can be very helpful.
6 – Mehron Velvet Make Up Pre Foundation Finish Primer
The manufacturers of this product have designed it with an HD effect to produce a matte velvet skin effect for any skin type. The astounding oil-free solution can reach your skin pores and stay for long. Hence you can get smooth and soft skin.
There is also the presence of enriched vitamin C, and antioxidants (Aloe extracts) in this makeup solution, which helps to minimize the skin flaws safely and clearly. Once you apply it, you will notice skin texture improvement. It forms no greasy or cakey residue. Either you can wear the primer alone or with the foundation to get an airbrushed photogenic look.
- Matte skin finish
- It can get soaked in well
- Vitamin C and antioxidants blend
- Flawless skin
- Stays all-day
- It can help you to get smooth skin by blurring out all the unwanted fine lines and wrinkles
- Brilliant makeup wear which can hydrate your skin tone for long hours
- Few users have noticed no matte effect after using this product
7 – Kiehl’s Facial Ultra Skin Care Cream
By combining Glacial Glycoprotein and Squalane, the developers have created this unique makeup solution. It is a weightless formula ideal for all skin types including dry, normal, combined and even sensitive skin types. If you have dryness concerns, this glacial glycoprotein based solution can hydrate your skin for a long time. Skin strength and texture can be improved by the effortless blending of this makeup primer. As a result, you can get 24-hour moisture locked healthy skin. It is free of parabens.
- Glacial glycoprotein blend
- Suitable for all skin types
- Hydrates till 24 hours
- Lasts long
- Skin texture enhancement
- No parabens
- Brilliant hydration benefits due to the thick consistency of it.
- For acne-prone or sensitive skin, this makeup base can reduce the appearances of pimples or other blemishes.
- The face primer is a bit costly as compared to other makeup bases with similar benefits.
8 – Lancome Paris Pro Base Soothing Skin MakeUp Primer
It has been designed with unique blends of Elasto Smooth Technology to improve the skin texture and color of users. The apt makeup product to help the discolored skin to get back a neutral tone. Visible skin flaw reduction is possible with a superb matte effect by applying this smooth solution. It is suitable for all skin types. This oil-free skincare solution has silicon content to prevent your skin from acne and provide a smooth airbrushed look.
- Elasto Skin Technology induced
- Smooth, radiant skin
- Discoloration of skin treatment
- For all skin types
- The absolute skin texture enhancing makeup product
- It helps your make up to stay long in a day
- The oil-free nature can control the extra gloss of your skin
- It is an expensive makeup product
9 – Chanel Nib Le Blanc Make-Up Broad Base Light Primer
The weightless, non-oily smooth solution for increasing the radiance of your skin. You can get a rosy glowing tinge all day long after applying this makeup primer base. The skin imperfections like fine lines, dark spots, etc. can be concealed brilliantly. Glycine and Licorice are blended well to maintain the skin elasticity and a neutral skin tone. A broad-spectrum SPF 40 is incorporated to prevent your skin from sun damage.
- Rosy glow
- Brilliant concealer
- SPF40 found
- Glycine and Locorine content
- Skin suppleness maintained
- A beautiful pearl effect makes up the base
- Your make up does not feel heavy or falls off quickly after applying it
- Few users have noticed small bumps on their skin after using this base.
10 – Glossier Make-Up Moisturizing Primer
To get a glowing canvas make up a quick look, you can try this makeup base. It is an ideal skin correcting moisturizing beauty product. The primary function is to reduce the large skin pores and enhance the beauty of the skin texture. There is the presence of anti-redness complex (Tea & Honey) which can neutralize your skin tone with a dewy finish.
No matter which season or you are in, apply a small amount of this hypoallergenic formula to get maximum hydration throughout the day. It is safe for all skin types as there is no paraben and fragrance. Dermatologists have also tested this non-comedogenic makeup beauty base.
- Hydrates skin
- Skin correction and improvement
- Anti redness technology-induced
- Safe for all skin types
- Dermatologists tested
- A considerable amount of skin coverage can be achieved
- The tea and honey extracts can reduce the redness visibility of your skin
- Few skin types have noticed bright skin after using this makeup but after sometime breakouts were visible
- Sticky and acne problems resulted in some users.
There are different types of primer and make the base available in the market and online. If you want to invest in a decent makeup base, kindly go through the product reviews available online. In this way, you can develop a fair idea about your skin requirement, and you can get the desired primer for your skin type.
The best primer for combination skin buying guide
With advanced technologies, skincare has now reached new levels, and once such an example of these new products is a primer. A primer is a product that is usually placed between the skin and makeup. It is beneficial for all skin types and can be found in varied ranges. To see the correct effect, you need to find the best primer for combination skin.
Types Of Primers
The technology has advanced so much that not only you have primers, you have different types of face primers, and each has its benefits. You need to understand these different types so that you can make a conscious choice in line with your requirements from the primer.
As the name suggests, this type of primer will give you a radiant look on your face. It has glittering products that add shine onto your makeup base. The illuminating primers can also be used solely based on the type of illuminating tint that you expect from your primer.
By rule, all primers help for makeup to last for long hours as that is one of the essential jobs of the primer. However, in the case of long-lasting primers, they have unique formula used while making them which help the look to last for a more extended number of hours without the need for touch up or the likes of it.
If you have expressly dry skin, then you need to use hydrating primers. It will give you a dewy finish and also help you the skin from within. Hydrating primers condition the skin with nutrition so that skin health eventually improves and skin issues are reduced from the root.
Pore Minimizing Primers
If you are looking for something like the best primer for large pores, then this right here is your destination. Pore minimizing primers are enabled with formulas and qualities to reduce the large pores on your skin. No more guilt trip for having oily skin as, by minimized pores, the excess oil can also be controlled to some extent.
Hello, all oily skin users, look no further. If you have combination skin or oily skin, then you need to Mattifying primers. As the name goes, they give a matte finish to your look. These primers are chosen by various makeup artists to make you look beautiful and flawless.
Color Correcting Primers
The color correcting primers are also one of the makeup primers, and they are used to make the skin tones look even and unified. It alters the dark spots or blemishes on the skin and gives you a complete photo finish look. These can be termed as helpful oily skin primers which help to keep excess oil in check.
Benefits Of Best Primer For Combination Skin
Everyone wants their skin to look amazing, and you can be in prime skin condition by using the products of skincare efficiently and diligently without missing any routine. Let us take a look at some of the benefits that can be achieved by using the best primer for combination skin:
The use of primer regularly on your skin will make the skin smooth and soft. You would be very comfortable and in love with your skin as it would look very radiant and flawless due to the healing properties of the primer.
A primer hydrates the skin; it provides the skin with the essential oils and hydrating components that moisturize the skin and keep the moisture locked on the skin. It eventually makes your skin glow and looks wholly refreshed.
One of the most significant advantages of the best primer for combination skin is that the primer helps to reduce the pores and close them. Closing the pores would mean that you are less susceptible to acne issues or breakouts on your skin.
Primers are incredibly lightweight and are made using a lightweight formula. It has no adverse on the skin, and because it is light, it does not load the skin with any harmful chemicals which can cause any side effects due to the procedure involved.
One of the most common and known advantages for primers is that it allows the makeup to be on the skin, intact, for a more extended period. You will not need to touch up or check your make up now and then. This is the biggest reason most people use primers.
Primers help to tone your skin, which means it helps to work on the fine lines on your skin and slow down the process of aging. Primers have anti-aging qualities that tighten the skin and make the other profess of aging smooth.
Frequently Asked Questions For Best Primer For Combination Skin
Most of us are aware of the skin type oily and dry skin. The combination skin type is essentially a mix of both. Some people have certain parts of the face that have oily skin, and there are specific dry patches. The mixture of both is called as combination skin.
If you want to choose the best primer for combination skin, you need to note down the specification of your skin types, skin tones, and skin issues. Based on these define your needs from primer and then choose the product based on it.
Combination skin is like having the best and worst of both the worlds. You will need to use both types of foundations. Best would be to apply primer and then evenly use liquid foundation all over the skin. Post this take powder foundation on a brush and then dab it across to set any residual oily skin.
All you need to know about primers has been mentioned in gist all thought the article above. Primers are suitable, light, and seamless products that is very easy to apply and have tremendous results. If you love makeup and want to take care of your skin, choose the best primer for combination skin at the earliest.